Objective 2 – Stewardship of Human Resources
We will know we have succeeded when we have a fairly compensated, high-‐performance workforce and a Seminary community that is united in seeking common institutional goals.
Provide the tools and training (including the use of an expanded orientation program) employees need to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively; strengthen programs for incentive-‐based compensation to reward achievement and excellence; and develop and implement a program for intentional retirement and succession planning.
Utilize third-‐party resources to assist with completion of a comprehensive review of the Seminary’s benefits (including work hours) and adjust as necessary to optimize costs/benefits within existing/forecast budget realities.
Build and sustain all constituencies of the Seminary. Consider the following:
• Recognize employment milestones in a meaningful way.
• Improve community-‐wide communication
• Evaluate programs like Navigating the Waters and other such initiatives to ensure effectiveness.
• Institute a Code of Conduct and implement it as a management tool.
• Provide more opportunities for interaction among Seminary constituencies.