Laptop Loaner Program
Princeton Theological Seminary Library Laptop Loaner Program
The Library’s loaner program, consisting of MacBook laptops and iPads, is to enhance
researchers’ endeavors while in the library. Devices can connect to the wireless network
to access scholarly databases and other Internet resources, as well as software typical
of Seminary lab computers. Users are financially responsible for devices and peripherals
- Laptops and tablets are for use in the library only and are not to leave the
- The loan period is four (4) hours with up to one (1) renewal, which must be done
in-person at the First Floor Service Desk, and must be returned one half hour before
library closing. Laptops and tablets cannot be borrowed overnight.
- Laptops and tablets are loaned on a first-come first-served basis during library hours. Users
cannot reserve equipment.
- Users may place a hold if all devices are currently in use.
- Individuals may only borrow one device (laptop or tablet) at a time.
- Laptop and iPad loans are solely for PTS personnel (current students, faculty, staff
and administrators) and Seminary alumni/ae who have an active borrowing card.
- $5.00 for each 15 minutes late.
- $100.00 maximum late fee
- Final damage or replacement cost will be determined by DIT with a maximum replacement value of $2,500.00
- Users are responsible for any equipment lost, damaged or stolen.
- Equipment will be checked upon return to ensure there is no damage.
- Personal software may not be loaded at any time.
- Users must save their work prior to return; all data will be removed once
- Users are subject to the Seminary’s Computer User Policy as defined in the Seminary
This policy is subject to review and change.