Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the library open? Library Hours
- Are food and beverages permitted in the library? Library Food and Beverage Policy
- Where can I find reserve materials and textbooks for my classes?Course
Reserves and Textbooks
- Where can I learn about on-campus, off-campus, mobile, and wireless access
to library resources, and see which computers are available in the
library? See Computers and More
- How do I print when I'm in the library? See Computers and More | Printing
- Where is the pencil sharpener located? See Computers and More
- How can I obtain borrowing privileges? Visit the
Service Desk in the Princeton Theological Seminary Library and be sure to bring your
ID card; see Borrowing
Privileges for details.
- How do I borrow library materials (including reserves)? See Borrowing and Return of Library
- May Ph.D. candidates borrow more books than other degree candidates?
Yes; degree candidates in programs other than Ph.D. may borrow up to 50
books for a 28 day period. Ph.D. candidates have expanded borrowing privileges. See
- How do I recall a book? If you want or need a book that
is charged out to someone else, you may recall it. PTS faculty, students, staff, and CTI members may submit
requests online using the Recall link in the library catalog record for the
book. All other cardholders may place requests in person at the first floor Service
- Can books be renewed? Yes; you may renew items online
through your PTS Library Catalog
account, but they must be renewed before the actual due date.
- If I cannot locate a book that should be on the shelf, how do I
proceed? Alert library staff at the Service Desk, giving them as much
information as possible. A trace will be put on the book and you will be notified
when it is located.
- As a PTS student, may I borrow materials from Princeton University?
Yes; as a PTS student, you have the privilege of obtaining a Princeton
University library card. Go to the access office in Firestone Library, the main
library, with your PTS ID and another form of identification in hand.
- As a PTS student, do I have remote access to electronic resources owned by
Princeton University? No
- May I borrow materials not available at the PTS Library or the Princeton
University Libraries? PTS students, faculty and staff, as well as CTI
scholars may use the Princeton Theological Seminary Library's Interlibrary Loan, or
ILL, service; see Interlibrary Loan for
details. Authorized users may complete the ILL Request Form.
- What is an Area of Refuge? Areas of refuge
are safe places to wait for emergency personnel if you are unable to exit the
building during an emergency.
- Does Princeton Theological Seminary Library have guidelines for
personal conduct in the building? Yes; please see the Princeton Theological Seminary Library
Code of Conduct.
Have a question to add?
Submit it as a comment on our Library Services LibGuide.