Princeton, NJ, July 27, 2012–Princeton Theological Seminary has received a grant of $26,804.41
to its William Albert and Eugenie Hummel Sullivan Memorial Scholarship
Endowment Fund by the William A. and Eugenie H. Sullivan Trust of The
Philadelphia Foundation. The scholarship endowment fund supports students who
are preparing for ministry. The Sullivan fund is the oldest fund
managed by The Philadelphia Foundation.
Philadelphia Foundation, a public charity, is southeastern Pennsylvania’s
leading center for community philanthropic engagement and is committed to
improving the quality of life in the region through funds established by its
donors. Established in 1918, The Philadelphia Foundation continues to help
donors harness their generosity and vision by providing tools, knowledge, and
financial stewardship directed to maximize the strategic impact of charitable
contributions. Grants from more than 750 charitable funds strengthen the
effectiveness of nonprofits and support programs that are vital to the people
of this region.
Seminary was established in 1812 by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian
Church as a post-graduate professional school of theology. Currently
celebrating its Bicentennial, Princeton is the largest Presbyterian seminary in
the country, with more than 500 students in six graduate degree programs.