PRINCETON THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
- Merit Tuition Scholarships may be awarded to doctoral students on the basis of demonstrated academic merit and promise of scholarly accomplishment in a chosen field of advanced study.
- Scholarships in varying amounts are awarded for up to four years (eight semesters) of study in the Ph.D. program.
- Annually more than forty Teaching Fellowships are awarded to provide assistance in Seminary courses. Research assistantships are also available, in which a student is contracted on an hourly basis to assist a faculty member with a specific research project.
- The George S. Green Fellowship for Doctoral Study. One fellowship for doctoral work preferably but not exclusively in Old Testament may be awarded for up to four years of study to a senior in the Master of Divinity program in the Seminary, or a candidate in the Master of Theology program at the Seminary, who has displayed outstanding academic achievement and scholarly promise.
- Need-Based PhD Grants may be awarded to students who are not selected for Doctoral Fellowships.
No information listed at this time.
Hispanic Centers and Programs
Hispanic Theological Initiative. The Hispanic Theological Initiative manages the Hispanic Theological Initiative Consortium. Their mission and purpose revolves around four major goals:
- To help identify and prepare highly trained educators and leaders who can articulate, model, and help teach values and ideas that will inform and make an impact in our Latino faith communities and communities in general.
- To increase the recruitment, retention, and graduation rates of Latina/o PhD students across the nation by uniting and leveraging institutional resources (human, financial, and infrastructural).
- To increase the presence of Latina/o faculty – especially tenured faculty – in seminaries, schools of theology and universities.
- To provide form for exchange of information, ideas, and best practices to address the needs of Latina/o faculty and students
Hispanic Leadership Program (HLP). Under the direction of the Center for Continuing Education, HLP seeks to nurture and strengthen a group of Latino/a leaders to serve the Church and the world. Open to the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking population. Offerings include annual conferences and seminars on themes of interest, such as globalization, Church-growth, congregational development, immigration, domestic violence and gang-violence, stewardship, etc.
Herencia Lectures. The seminary sponsors a series of endowed lectures on Latino/a scholarship during the Hispanic Heritage Month.
Office of Multicultural Relations. This office focuses on the concerns of international and racial-ethnic students as well as diversity issues by promoting campus programs relating to opportunities for and appreciation of multi- and cross-cultural experiences, facilitating the life and work of the racial-ethnic councils of the faculty, and assisting various Seminary constituencies with providing learning opportunities regarding multicultural and racial-ethnic relations.
Library Resources-Special Collections
Special Resources provides access to the Latin American Periodicals Collection, which includes a wealth of publications by Hispanic scholars and recent doctoral dissertations written by Hispanic theologians.
Association of Latino/a and Hispanic American Seminarians (ALHAS)-student group
Former HTI Fellows/HTIC Scholars
Tommy A. CásarezLead PastorLIFE Church in Costa Mesa, CA2003-2004 Doctoral and 2004-2005 Doctoral Renewal Mereides DelgadoAngel's Wings Program CoordinatorAnchor House, Inc.1997-1998 Doctoral, 1998-1999 Doctoral Renewal, 1999-2000 Comprehensive Exams Year, and 2003-2004 Dissertation Year Fellow Elias Ortega2006-2007 Doctoral and 2007-2008 Comprehensive Exams Year Fellow Rubén Rosario-RodriguezAssociate Professor of Theology & Director, Mev Puleo Scholarship ProgramSt. Louis University1999-2000 Doctoral, 2000-2001 Comprehensive Exams Year, and 2003-2004 Dissertation Year Fellow
The HTIC person to contact for information on Ph.D. studies at Princeton Theological Seminary is:
Name: Dr. Heidi GehmanTitle: Director of Academic AdministrationTelephone: 609-497-7818Email: email@example.com