Registration is completely full for Reunion 2012. We are excited
about the tremendous response and sorry to have to stop all registration
at this time.
COME BACK TO PRINCETON FOR REUNION 2012.
Join us as we celebrate 200 years of service and shift our focus to future generations and the next century of ministry. If you haven’t been to Princeton lately, this is the year to come!
Come back for one day, two, three, or more. Connect with friends and classmates, worship in Miller Chapel, and hear renowned theologians. You’ll enjoy the finest of fellowship at PTS in beautiful Princeton. Of course, you are encouraged to attend the closing worship service of the Bicentennial in the Princeton University Chapel followed by a reception and celebration on the Seminary quadrangle.
AT REUNION 2012 YOU WILL:
• Hear President Torrance’s address at dinner on Monday, and join President and Mrs. Torrance for a reception at Springdale on Tuesday afternoon.
• Enjoy lectures from world-renowned New Testament scholar and theologian N.T. Wright as he presents studies on the gospels, under the topic “The Forgotten Kingdom.”
• Listen to wonderful historic presentations by Ron White, Class of 1964, and Jack Van Ens, Class of 1972, as they present, respectively, studies on Abraham Lincoln/Ulysses S. Grant and in-character sketches on Jonathon Edwards and the early tensions between evangelical faith and enlightenment conviction.
• Attend a workshop on Romans by Rian Lecturer, Professor Beverly Roberts Gaventa.
• Participate in workshops on trends in twenty-first century Christianity led by Frank Newport, editor-in-chief of the Gallup Poll, and Professor Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi, PTS Classes of 1990, 1999, of the Perkins School of Theology at SMU.
• Check out the progress on the new PTS library and tour the new Charlotte Rachel Wilson housing complex.
• Celebrate at dinner on Wednesday with classmates from your decade.
• Rejoice with the ten-, twenty-five-, and fifty-year classes at the opening banquet on Monday.
A SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN CLOSING CEREMONIES FOR THE BICENTENNIAL YEAR.
Join us for the Bicentennial closing worship service at 2:00 p.m. on October 25 in the University Chapel. Marilyn McCord Adams, PTS Classes of 1984, 1985, and distinguished research professor of philosophy at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, will preach. The afternoon festivities will include a reception on the PTS campus featuring the music of Bill Carter, PTS Class of 1985, and his jazz ensemble, The Presbybop Quartet.
You won’t want to miss this special opportunity to help close out our Bicentennial year! Legacy Society Luncheon, Tuesday, October 23 at 12:00 p.m. at the Present Day Club Society members will enjoy a meal honoring donors who have committed future gifts to Princeton Seminary.
Worship at Reunion
A Service of Remembrance will be held on Monday, October 22 at 4:30 p.m. in Miller Chapel. This service will include the sacrament of communion. Members of the Class of 1962 will participate in the reading of the names of all PTS alumni/ae who have died during the past year.
Morning prayer will be held in the chancel area of Miller Chapel at 7:30 a.m., Tuesday through Thursday. These services will be led by members of the PTS Alumni/ae Association Executive Council (AAEC). Worship in Miller Chapel at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday through Thursday will be led by alumni/ae, under the direction of Janice Smith Ammon, Class of 1990, the Seminary’s Bryant M. Kirkland Minister of the Chapel, and will feature music led by Dr. Martin Tel, C.F. Seabrook Director of Music, and Michael Gittens, interim assistant director.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION.